The redesign of a sports activities membership brand or crest generates extra rivalry than most tasks, as a result of membership supporters really feel a a lot higher sense of possession than they might with, for instance, a multinational financial institution or a restaurant chain.
The brand new Brentford FC membership crest, for the 2017/18 season.
The most recent replace to cross my inbox is for English Championship facet Brentford FC (The Bees), developed over 18 months by London-based Article.
Brentford’s previous/present membership crest, 1993-2016.
Flaws within the earlier design (above) are apparent, however I’m positive that by addressing them within the club crest mini-site it helped carry supporters on board with the replace.
- ‘Based 1889’ is just not clearly legible over the purple and white stripes. Having phrases on prime of stripes additionally makes it very tough to create an correct single color model of the crest.
- Whereas Middlesex is a crucial a part of the membership’s historical past, the swords from the county’s coat of arms aren’t of major significance immediately.
- The bees and hive illustration is cartoon-like and too detailed for the small part of the crest by which it sits.
- The ‘Soccer Membership’ font feels dated and is a unique dimension to the ‘Based 1889’ textual content.
The mini-site additionally lists some great benefits of the redesign.
- Solves the sensible points with the present crest.
- Attracts most inspiration from the 1972-75 crest and the 1960s Brentford Supporters Membership badge.
- The bee on the centre of the roundel is extra angular and aggressive wanting than any bee illustrations used down the years, including to the energy and character of the general design.
- The typeface is clear and legible and the numbers in 1889 draw inspiration from historic soccer typography.
- The colors mimic the purple, black and yellow of the present design.